The COVID 19 Pandemic has challenged the dental profession to expand the “Standard Precautions” model with a more robust infection control protocol. Some of these changes may be temporary and others will be permanent. Please trust that everything we do focuses on the safety and health of our patients and staff. As of May 18, our practice is certified by the Maryland Department of Health as having met all new guidelines. We will continue to monitor the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) for further guidance and make adjustments as appropriate.
Please review some of the more noticeable changes to our protocol:
● Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients.
● Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask screening questions.
● There will be a second screening upon arrival to note any changes.
● Please wear a mask or face covering when entering and leaving the office.
● Be on time or remain in your car prior to your appointment.
● Limit yourself to a single companion or caregiver.
● Use the hand sanitizer we have available.
● Your temperature will be noted.
● You will be asked to sign a consent form regarding the pandemic.
● Staff may have enhanced personal protective equipment.
Additionally, please note:
● We use private operatories, not an open bays.
● We use HEPA air purifiers.
● We have available facemasks, respirators, and face shields where appropriate.
● We ask that all patients contact our office if they show COVID 19 symptoms within 14 days of visiting our office.
We are happy to answer your questions about the steps being taken to keep us all safe.
Thank you for your trust and understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
H. Brandt Foster, DDS